Xoom Money Transfer is one of the money transfer systems we have today, it has been around since the year 2001 and allows people to send money across over 30 countries. A lot of Nigerians may not know about it as it is not yet popular when compared to other top money transfer systems like Western Union and Money gram. But, Xoom Money Transfer is actually one of the best and very fast means of sending money into and out of Nigeria. What more, the platform is very easy to use and in this article, I would be showing you how you can use Xoom Money Transfer system to send money to Nigeria.
How to send money to Nigeria using Xoom Money Transfer
To use Xoom Money Transfer to send money to Nigeria, all you have to do is to follow the easy steps below;
- Create a Free account with Xoom Money
- Visit the website www.xoom.com and click on sign up at the top right corner to do so. You can also download the Xoom Money Mobile App to do this (The Xoom Money Transfer App is available for both Android and IOS devices and your can download it from their respective App Store)
- Xoom Money is a PayPal Service so if you have a PayPal account you can just continue with it and leave filling the form
- After creating an account with Xoom Money, Navigate to the Money transfer option page to send your money
- Provide all needed information which includes; The recipient’s name and country, amount you are sending and the delivery method (bank deposit, cash pickup or door-to-door delivery).
- Next, you provide your recipients information which includes; Recipients full name, Address, Bank Name and Bank Account Number. If the recipient do not have a Nigerian Bank account, you can also select a Bank location where they can go to pick up the money in cash. (Nigerian Banks supporting Xoom Money Deposits includes; GT Bank, First Bank, Zenith Bank, and more)
- Make your payment through the payment method you chose earlier, Review to confirm if every information and details you provided (especially that of the recipient is correct) and send your money.
Very easy and through your account, you can track your transaction to know when it has gotten to your recipient.
Xoom Money charges some transaction fees for every transfer and it depends on the country you are sending to (which in this case is Nigerian) and your payment method.
You are totally safe when you send money through Xoom Money Transfer as your money will surely get to your recipient. If for any reason it doesn’t, Xoom Money offers s money-back guarantee so you will get a total refund.