WorldRemit Money Transfer is an online money transfer platform that allows people to send and receive money from over 145 countries of the World, Nigeria included. This platform was founded in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed as he wanted to improve the efficiency of global money transfers. WorldRemit features a user-friendly money transfer platform that can be accessed conveniently on both Desktop and Mobile devices. The company’s headquarters are located in London, UK, but they still have regional offices in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
WorldRemit Money Transfer Exchange Rate
If you want to make use of the WorldRemit online money transfer system, you should know the rate at which your money is being exchanged, so you know how much your recipient is receiving. Below are the current WorldRemit exchange rates;
1 USD – N358.915
1 EUR – N405.476
1 GBP – N455.78434
WorldRemit exchange rates are fair when compared to other online money transfer platforms. They do charge minimal transaction fees; the fee depends on the country of the recipient.
How to send Money to Nigeria using WorldRemit
Sending money to Nigeria using the WorldRemit platform is easy and fast, all you have to do is;
- Visit WorldRemit website www.worldremit.com
- From the homepage, select Nigeria and click on get Started
- Choose your transfer option (Bank Transfer or Airtime)
- For Bank Transfer, Select your recipient’s bank. For Airtime, provide and confirm the receiving phone number.
- Input the amount you are sending and click on Send
- Create an Account with WorldRemit and proceed to entering your recipient’s details
- You would need to provide the following details of your recipient;
- Recipient full name
- Recipient Address
- Recipient Phone Number
- Recipient Account details (Bank Name, Account Name and Account Number)
- Recipient BVN (Bank Verification Number)
- Recipient Email Address
- Once everything is confirmed, make your payment and send your money.
There is no minimum amount you can send, but there is a maximum of NGN 7,000,000 per day.
How can your recipient receive the money you sent?
WorldRemit gives you different options to choose how the money you sent gets to your recipient, and they include;
Deposit to your recipient’s bank account; The money will be deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account. Most if not all top banks in Nigeria allows this option and it may take a few hours for the money to be deposited. It may take days in some cases; you can track your transfer to know when it has been deposited. Once the money has been deposited, you and your recipient will be notified by SMS or mail.
Mobile airtime top-up; Airtime top-up are sent instantly, and your recipient’s mobile airtime account is credited.
Sending funds using WorldRemit money transfer platform is safe as your money is protected and you are guaranteed that your money gets to your recipient.