You have been hearing about Network Marketing and you keep on wondering what it is all about, this article will tell you everything you should know.
What is Network Marketing?
Network marketing is the business of transferring goods from the manufacturers to the consumers by means of recommendation. Through Network Marketing, goods and services are being promoted faster and less money is spent.
Network marketing is unlike the usual marketing system in Nigeria whereby a Wholesaler buys from the manufacturers, increases the price and then sell to the retailer who in turn also increases the price and then sells to the consumers. In Network Marketing, the Network Marketer gets to tell the consumers about the products, if convinced, the consumers buy directly from the manufacturers and the Network Marketer being the one to do the supply earns a percentage commission from the sale.
That is how simple Network Marketing is but for you to be able to earn a lot from it as a Network Marketer, you would need to create your own business so you can have a wide network of consumers that buys the goods. In this scenario, you don’t get to network just one or two goods, but a wide range of them so as to make more income.
Notable Network Marketing Companies in Nigeria Includes;
- Forever Living Products
- Organo Gold
- Alliance in Motion Global
- Mary Kay
How to Become a Network Marketer in Nigeria
Becoming a Network Marketer in Nigeria, you are most likely to work under an already established Network Marketing Company. Most Network Marketing companies in Nigeria operates in a pyramid like strategy. Once you are recruited, you are given a platform to advertise goods and services assigned to you. You earn little commissions from sales you make and also when you recruit someone else, kind of a referral. Your commissions increase as you climb up the pyramid to a higher level and this is usually determined by the amount of sales you make and the number of active recruits under you.
There are however other strategies used by Network Marketing Companies but the above strategy is the most common in Nigeria. Most people especially Nigerians often misunderstand Network Marketing, thinking it is some sort of Ponzi scheme, but it is not.
Tips to Succeed as a Network Marketer
The below tips can help you succeed if you want to be a Network Marketer
- Sketch your goals; You should always have a plan so that you know what you want to achieve and know if you are on the right path.
- Pick a Network Marketing Company to work with; There are lots of Network Marketing Companies in Nigeria, few were named above. Pick one that you think is best for you.
- Pick a Mentor; In whatever field of life, it is always advisable that you have a mentor that you can look up to and learn from. Same is needed in Network Marketing.
- Learn and Work Hard; This sums up everything, learn as much as you can in other to succeed. Work hard and fast and try to be creative in solving tasks. Most importantly, try to be honest with your dealings, reputation speaks a lot for a person.
Truth be told, it is not easy to attain success in Network Marketing in Nigeria. Being successful in Network Marketing requires hard work and most importantly you have to learn the skills.