First Bank Nigeria which was founded in 1894 and initially called the Bank of British West Africa, it stands today as the oldest bank in Nigeria with millions of users all over Nigeria. The sole aim of every Bank is to ensure customers satisfaction and to provide easy access to banking services, with this in mind, the First Bank online Banking platform was introduced. This platform aids bank customers in performing banking activities. This platform makes it easy for First bank account holders to perform various account tasks online easily without the need of going to the bank.
Features of the First bank Nigeria online banking includes;
- Check account balances
- Transfer Funds (to First Bank accounts and other bank accounts)
- Pay Bills
- Make Bulk payments
- Confirm Bank Cheques (for self and for others)
- Buy Airtime
- Download account statement and many more.
How to Register for First bank Nigeria Online banking
Follow the below steps carefully to know how you can register for First bank Nigeria Online banking;
- Visit First bank Nigeria branch or any bank branch close to you.
- Request for the First bank Nigeria Online banking form
- Fill and submit the form back to them
Things to be aware of when filling the form;
- You will be asked to input your User ID, make sure you choose something you won’t forget easily
- Make sure your E-mail address and phone number is correct as it will be the means of contact between you and the bank.
- Once done, your login details (User ID and default password) will be sent to your email address.
- Now, visit firstbanknigeria.com, and click on Internet Banking at the top right corner.
- Input your User ID and the verification code on the screen and click on next
- Input the default password that was earlier sent to your e-mail address.
- You will be required to change your password; Your password must contain an Alphabet, a number and a special character (. _ @).
- Next you will choose and answer your four security questions which will be needed when ever you have any login issues with your password. Ensure that you choose questions and answer that you can easily remember.
- Choose your True Stamp (More of like a signature), it can either be a word, or phrase or an Image.
- To end with, you will have to confirm your email address.
You can also fill the form online by visiting the site https://ibank.firstbanknigeria.com and clicking on Self-Registration, then follow the site instructions. However, the above listed method have been the best and easiest way to open your account effectively.
With all these done, you are ok and set to start using the First bank online banking platform
You can also use the FirstMobile app to perform easy banking tasks, this app can be downloaded from the Google play store for Android devices and from the Apple store for IOS devices.