What is CashU?
CashU is an online payment method that was launched far back in 2002 by Maktoob. This online payment method has been around for close to a decade and currently records over 2 million customers who make use of their service. You would find the CashU payment options on merchant sites that allows payment through it and over 75,000 vendors in Middle and East Africa makes use of CashU. On a site that allows CashU payment, you can only pay through CashU if you have a registered account with them; How do you register?
How to Register on CashU
You can register your own CashU account by following the simple guidelines listed below;
* First you have to do is to visit the CashU website (www.cashu.com)
* From the home page, click on the button that says “Sign Up Now”
* The Registration form is divided into 3 parts; fill in all the 1st part correctly by providing all the information and details that are required
* A CashU 4-digit verification code will be sent to your registered phone number through SMS, input the code in the 2nd part and continue. (You can resend code after sometime if you did not receive any SMS)
* The third and final part requires E-mail verification, an E-mail will be sent to your registered email address. You can either copy and input the code or click on the included link to get your email verified.
You’re done, you have successfully registered an account with CashU and you can go ahead to Login with your registered E-mail address and password. Once logged in, complete your profile by filling in your personal information and also uploading an ID for profile verification. After that, the next you would want to do is to fund your CashU account; see how to do it below.
How to fund your CashU account
You can fund your CashU account via different ways which are listed below;
* Using your Credit Card; To use this option, click on “Add money” from your account dashboard and select it. It is available to only a limited number of countries. Unfortunately, Nigerians cannot use the method.
* Direct funding at CashU Selling Points; To use this option, you will have to locate CashU selling points close to you. You pay them and they fund your account. However there is no CashU selling points in Nigeria so Nigerians also cannot use this option.
* CashU Virtual Cards; You can fund your CashU account using CashU virtual cards which are issued at their selling points. Since there is no CashU selling points in Nigeria, Nigerians can’t use this.
The best way for Nigerians to fund their CashU accounts is through an E-currency exchanger; there are so many of them online. You pay them and after the payment is confirmed, you provide them with your CashU account email and they find your account with the equivalent.
How to withdraw from your CashU account
CashU does not support withdrawal to bank accounts as a vendor. The way for you to withdraw money from your CashU account is by making use of an E-currency exchanger as well. You transfer funds from your CashU account to theirs and after the transfer is confirmed, you provide them with your Bank account details and their credit it with the equivalent.