Founded in 2006, 2CheckOut is an online payment processor and monetization platform. The platform allows users in 100+ countries around the world to receive payments for goods and services they offer without difficulty. With 2checkout, you can stay in Nigeria and receive payments from any of the approved countries into your account and later withdraw to your local bank account. 2checkout allows payments to be made using major credit cards or PayPal and about 87 different currencies are supported. Since PayPal stopped Nigerian accounts from receiving money, it would be good if you know how to receive international payments using 2checkout so you can continue with your online business.
How to receive international payments in Nigeria using 2checkout
Before proceeding to receive payments with 2checkout, you must ensure you have a website or a blog. Your 2checkout account must be integrated with any of the two and there will also be a site review before your account can be confirmed. The first step to receiving payments on 2checkout is to create an account on the website, you cannot do anything without creating an account. Creating a 2checkout account is easy;
- Visit the website – www.2checkout.com
- On the homepage, click on “Sign up for free”
- Next you have to choose an option from the 4 listed plans; 2sell, 2subscribe, 2monetize, Enterprise
Each plan has its own features but the first three are almost the same. As an individual, you can go with any of the first three but “2subscribe” is the most popular.
- Next, proceed to complete the registration form, you will be required to provide basic details about yourself and your business including email address and password. You may also be required to provide a means of identification.
- After completing the registration form, you submit your application. 2checkout will review your application. It doesn’t take long, a day should be enough and if your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email. Note that your application will not be approved if you did not provide a website or blog where the services you offer are displayed.
With an approved account, you are ready to start using 2checkout to receive international payments. What you have to do next is to set up your payment profile in your account. It is an easy process and anyone that can operate a computer system can do it.
- When someone wants to pay you money, you create a product or service for it depending on which it is you are being paid for. This can be created on Add new products page from your dashboard and it should contain the exact amount that you are expecting. You can create multiple products.
- Go to the sales page from your dashboard and request for an invoice. Fill in all the needed details and select the product you want to be paid for from your product list. After the invoice is generated, forward it to the client making the payment and once he pays (using a credit card or PayPal) you will receive the money into your 2checkout account instantly.
After you receive your money into your 2checkout account, you can easily withdraw it via bank transfer, international wire transfer. If you have a Payoneer account, you can withdraw to your money to your Payoneer account and withdraw using your Payoneer MasterCard. You should note that 2checkout charges some transaction charges per transaction.